Constructive Collisions: Neuroscience x Environmental Health
Register now for our next Constructive Collisions event on Neuroscience x Environmental Health!
This in-person, on-campus event will include two exciting collaboration opportunities to connect researchers working in Neuroscience x Environmental Health.
The Office of SVPR, in partnership with HERCULES Exposome Research Center, Goizueta Institute @ Emory Brain Health and the Department of Human Genetics, invites Emory researchers who work in environmental health, brain health and the neurosciences and other related disciplines to attend. Faculty who do not currently work in this space but who are interested are also welcome.
NIH has formally expressed interest in areas that include:
- Promoting interdisciplinary research:
- Bridging neuroscience, environmental health, and toxicology across the lifespan
- Tools and resources to collaborations among neuroscientists and environmental health scientists
- Current gaps and opportunities in research:
- The effects of environmental exposure on neurodevelopmental, neurodegenerative and neuromuscular diseases, disorders and stroke
- Environmental impact on the nervous system associated with health and well-being in aging
- The effect of environmental exposures through neurodevelopment
- How socioenvironmental factors impact the brain to contribute to the initiation and/or escalation of substance use
- Complementary and integrative health approaches that could benefit from more collaborative research between neuroscientists and environmental health scientists
This session will host Lightning Talk presenters who will share brief 10-minute presentations on their ongoing work and future research interests.
Following Lighting Talks, we will host a Pitch Session where event attendees will network, collaborate, and brainstorm project ideas that can lead to extramural funding in this area. The event will culminate with each team pitching a real seed project, with up to three teams receiving small, on-the-spot funding to support new collaborations.
Date: October 11, 2022
Time: Event check-in begins at 11:45am; Event: 12pm-2pm
Location: Klamon Room
Rollins School of Public Health
1518 Clifton Rd. NE
Atlanta, GA 30322
**Parking & Box Lunch Included**
Sharable registration link: https://cvent.me/Ok3L4G
Registration for this event closes October 4th.
We look forward to seeing you on-campus and in-person on October 11, 2022!